Wonder Woman's? Let me explain... I made this salad last night for 17 people... after getting my 5 year old off to school, babysitting my sister's 2 year old which included: taking him to two different grocery stores along with my 3 year old and my 5 month old in tow. Have you ever chased a toddler through the produce section? How about two? YIKES! After the shopping, I got the two older boys fed and down for naps and with my sous chef on my hip I managed to prep everything. I found a spare minute to post some updates on my family blog and to check my email. Then, I made a dozen cupcakes, custom cupcake wrappers, and frosted them to boot! Before I knew it, it was time to pick up my 5 year old and drop my nephew off. I was homeward bound after that to begin making my dinner for 17. I know this may not seem like a busy day to some, but to me, it was BONKERS! The mess in the kitchen said it all. It looked the way I felt. The good news is, after all of that craziness, dinner turned out great. This was the perfect meal to end my busy day and it was well worth it to be able to spend time with people I love.
Chipotle Marinaded 'Chick'n'
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
1-2 chipotle peppers
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/2 cup sunflower oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 package Gardein Chick'n Scallopini
1. Put all ingredients except salt and pepper and Chick'n into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place Chick'n in a container and pour over about 1/2 the marinade.
4. Refrigerate and allow it to marinate for about 1 hour.
5. Heat a pan over medium high heat and add just enough oil to coat the pan to keep the chick'n from sticking.
6. Cook the chick'n for a bout 3 minutes on each side until it is cooked through.
Spicy Peanut Asian Salad
6 oz. fresh spinach
1 cup red cabbage, shredded
1 cup carrots, shredded
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
2/3 cup canned corn
1 red bell peppers, julienned
1 1/2 cups rice, cooked and cooled
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
left over marinade
1. Toss all the ingredients except the chick'n and rice in a bowl.
2. Serve the salad over rice and top with the chick'n.
3. Lightly drizzle some of the remaining marinade over the salad as a dressing.