Monday, August 23, 2010

Sweet & Spicy Asian Pasta Salad

I love Native Foods.  When I was a teenager I would ditch class, take a good book and go eat there.  One of my favorite things to order was the 'Chinese Save The Chicken Salad' with seitan.  I loved this salad so much and I could literally drink the salad dressing!  Which is why I have created a handful of recipes that incorporate Tanya's(Native Food's founder and chef extraordinaire) incredible dressing.  This is my pot luck pasta salad.  I've made it quite a few times and it's always a big hit.  I usually serve it up family style in a big bowl, but I felt a little fancy the other night and hollowed out some bell peppers to put it in.

Sweet and Spicy Asian Dressing

Ingredients
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons grated ginger
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1/4 cup sesame oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper

Directions
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.

Pasta Salad

Ingredients
2 red bell peppers, chopped
3/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 cup carrots, shredded
1 cup bean sprouts
1 15 oz can of yellow corn
1 lb pasta of your choice, cooked al dente and cooled
Sweet & Spicy Asian Dressing
2 tablespoons sesame seeds

Directions
1.  Toss all ingredients except the sesame seeds in a large bowl to combine.
2.  Top with sesame seeds.

      

8 comments:

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

I think you have made this for me before! And it was gooooood! I love her "save the chicken salad" too! THanks for sharing the great recipe with us!

kmberrien said...

That's funny, I was just looking in my fridge at the 4 green bell peppers that so need to be eaten and was thinking I'd make a little pasta salad to put in them. I know my kids will find in novel. This salad looks great. I'll try it next time I have all of the ingredients.

Debbie said...

This looks delicious! Very pretty in the red bell pepper. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

aimee said...

Healthy, Simple and CUTE! Looks great. I love the bell pepper "dish".

Heather @ Gerber Days said...

This looks completely refreshing!!!

Living a Changed Life said...

That looks mouthwatering good! A perfect summer dish.

Jennifer
http://livingachangedlife.blogspot.com/

cynthia.dunn said...

Hi,
Found your blog from Little House of Veggies. I tried this pasta salad last night and it was really great! Thanks for posting!

cynthia.dunn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.