This is one of my very favorite soups. It is so rich and creamy... perfect for a cold rainy day. Although, it hit 110 degrees F here the other day when I made it and it was still divine. My 5 year old picky eater loves it because there aren't any chunks in it and the rest of us love it because it is absolutely delicious!
1 cup yellow onion, chopped
1 cup leeks, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 head of cauliflower
5 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
cashew cream (I order this brand online and keep a few boxes on hand)
green onions, diced for garnish
1. Saute the onions, leeks, garlic, thyme, oregano and salt in olive oil over medium high heat until onions are translucent.
2. Add in remaining ingredients, except the cashew cream and green onions, and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender.
4. Using a hand blender, puree the soup until creamy.
5. Stir in desired amount of cashew cream and top with diced green onions.
6. Serve with your favorite bread. My kids LOVE dipping their bread in this creamy soup.