If you were to ask my kids what they wanted to eat, no matter the time of day, 97% of the time, they would say, "Noodles". Their love of noodles is borderline addiction. And not just any noodle and sauce will do. My sister made my 5 year old boxed mac and cheese once and my daughter told her it wasn't flavorful enough. How rude! I've spoiled them because I always make the sauces from scratch. They just taste so much better that way, and they are usually just as easy to make.
1/2 stick of Earth Balance Buttery Stick
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 teaspoons nutritional yeast
1 cup cashew cream (I used this recipe)
1. Over medium heat, melt 'butter'.
2. Add garlic and cook until it starts to brown.
3. Add cashew cream and stir in remaining ingredients.
4. Cook over medium, stirring with a whisk until the sauce is combined and reaches your desired temperature.
5. I like to pour it over whole wheat pasta and add a veggie with it. Broccoli, or "little trees", as my kids call them, is what I usually use.