My family loves this meal. It's sweet and spicy and just plain satisfying. I love all the colors from the red onion, bell peppers and zucchini. And just wait until you start cooking and all of the aromatics get going! This dish is what my 91 year old grandmother would call, "Food for the Gods".
(This recipe easily serves 6 people, with some leftovers.)
1 large red onion, sliced
2 red bell peppers, sliced
2 yellow bell peppers, sliced
2 zucchini, sliced in rounds
1 cup cilantro, chopped
juice from 1/2 lime
2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon red curry paste, found in the Asian foods section of your grocery store (I like the Thai Kitchen brand)
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed to a paste with 2 tablespoons water
8 Quorn Naked Chik'n Breasts(or your brand of choice, plain meatless chicken), prepared as directed on package and sliced into strips
4 cups cooked Botan Calrose Rice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add garlic, onions and red curry paste. Cook until onions are translucent.
3. Add the red curry paste and cook until aromatic.
4. Add coconut milk, lime juice, brown sugar and cilantro and bring to a boil.
5. Add the peppers, zucchini and salt. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add the cornstarch/water mixture and stir until sauce thickens.
7. Add your prepared 'Chik'n' and cook uncovered for about 1-2 minutes, or until your 'chik'n' is heated through again.
8. Serve over rice.