My hubby loves rice. We joke that he would eat cardboard over rice and enjoy it. He makes this yummy rice dessert for us every once in a while, and the kids and I devour it. Who knew rice could be such a divine dessert!
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1. In a small pot, combine ingredients and boil until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
3 cups Botan Calrose Rice
3 cups unsweetened coconut milk
2 cups water
Syrup (water sugar mixture)
1. Combine ingredients in pot and bring to a boil.
2. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the liquid is just below the level of the rice.
3. Add the syrup and simmer until the liquid is below the level of the rice again. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
1. Combine coconut milk and sugar and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and add cornstarch mixture and stir until sauce thickens.
3. Remove from heat
Pour Coconut Sauce over the Sticky Rice and top with fresh mango slices.