Being a mom to a 5 year old, a 2 year old and a 2 month old, there are days I rely on the talents of others and the products they sell to make my family dinner. On these particular days I make semi-homemade meals, and boy am I glad for the help! My husband loves BBQ, so I came up with this easy, quick, semi-homemade version of a BBQ and coleslaw sandwich. The best part? The prep time is about 15 minutes!
1 package shredded coleslaw and carrots
1 cup Follow Your Heart Vegenaise
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon almond milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1. Whisk all ingredients, except the coleslaw and carrots.
2. In a large bowl top the coleslaw and carrots with the dressing and toss until well coated.
3. Set aside.
BBQ 'Beefless Tips'
1 package of 'gardein home style beefless tips'
Bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add 'beefless tips' and cook until heated through.
3. Remove from heat and roughly chop.
4. Place 'beefless tips' back in skillet on low heat and add desired amount of BBQ sauce. Mix until well coated and cook about 2-3 minutes, or until hot again.
BBQ 'beefless tips'
Hoagie rolls or buns of your choice
Top sliced hoagie roll or bun with 'beefless tips' and coleslaw. That's it! Enjoy!