I have been trying to create a vegan version of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. This is the closest I've gotten to the original. The texture of these reminds me of a Chips Ahoy cookie. Because they can handle the moisture, my favorite way to eat them is to dip them in almond milk. Oh, and feel free to eat the dough!
1 cup Earth Balance Buttery Sticks
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs equivalent of Ener-G egg replacer
1 small package of instant vanilla pudding
2 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 package of vegan chocolate chips
Nuts are optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream the 'butter' and sugars. Add the vanilla and egg substitute.
3. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients together, and then slowly add them to the wet mixture.
4. Mix in chocolate chips and nuts(optional).
5. Drop 1 tablespoon size balls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on the first batch, just to see if you need to make a time adjustment for your oven.