I think it's safe to say I'm on a muffin kick. These were a hit with Picky Eater #1(my 5 year old). Of course I just told her they were chocolate chip muffins. I feel so sneaky that I got her to eat her carrots without her even knowing it... and before lunch!
1 cup fresh carrot juice
3/4 cup almond milk
2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground flax seed meal
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine carrot juice, almond milk, applesauce, vanilla extract, sugar, and ground flax seed meal.
3. In a separate bowl combine whole wheat pastry flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Slowly add dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until combined.
5. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray and fill each cup 3/4 full with the batter.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.