Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Almond Sugar Cookies With A Sweet Coconut Glaze

I adore coconut.  Put it in something sweet, savory... I just can't get enough!  This is my go-to recipe when I am craving it.  These cookies are fast and super easy to make.  And, because it's a vegan recipe, my husband, who's bachelor's degree was in microbiology, gave the go ahead to eat the dough!  Yum.

Almond Sugar Cookies

Ingredients
1/3 cup canola oil
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  Mix oil, almond milk, and both extracts in a bowl.
3.  Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4.  Combine wet and dry mixtures.
5.  Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.  You can use this dough for cookie cutters, but I prefer just making the balls.
6.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.

Coconut Glaze

Ingredients
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup powdered sugar

Directions
1.  Combine ingredients and beat well.  
2.  Place mixture in a small Ziploc bag and cut the tip of one of the corners to use as a piping bag.  
3.  Pipe the glaze over the cookies.


4 comments:

Morgan-- said...

YUM!!! These look amazing! I love coconut too! I am totally making these, and Ill let you know how they turn out! The glaze looks yummy! Your picture is awesome too!!

The Burnham Bunch said...

oh elise im so glad you are doing this blog. you are an awesome cook! I am loving Morgan's blog too!!

The Brad Walton Family said...

I love your blog. I am following it so I can get some creative, yummy recipes to add to our life here at the Walton home:) Thanks for sharing with us.

Heather @ Gerber Days said...

Anything with almond extract is right up my alley! These look awesome!