I adore coconut. Put it in something sweet, savory... I just can't get enough! This is my go-to recipe when I am craving it. These cookies are fast and super easy to make. And, because it's a vegan recipe, my husband, who's bachelor's degree was in microbiology, gave the go ahead to eat the dough! Yum.
Almond Sugar Cookies
1/3 cup canola oil
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix oil, almond milk, and both extracts in a bowl.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Combine wet and dry mixtures.
5. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. You can use this dough for cookie cutters, but I prefer just making the balls.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Combine ingredients and beat well.
2. Place mixture in a small Ziploc bag and cut the tip of one of the corners to use as a piping bag.
3. Pipe the glaze over the cookies.